One of the ways in which information is collected is through the use of technology called “cookies“. At PÓRTICO SPORT, cookies are used for several things.
What are cookies?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels, are tools used by web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors, as well as to offer proper operation of the site.
By using these devices, the web server is allowed to remember some data concerning the user, such as their preferences for displaying the pages of that server, name and password, products that interest them the most, etc.
Cookies affected by regulations and excepted cookies
According to the EU directive, the cookies that require the user’s informed consent are analytical cookies and advertising and affiliation cookies, with the exception of those of a technical nature and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services. expressly requested by the user.
What kind of cookies are there?
Regarding the types of cookies, there are five main groups:
- Analytical cookies: they collect information on the use made of the website.
- Social cookies: these are necessary for external social networks.
- Affiliate cookies: allow you to track visits from other websites, with which the website establishes an affiliation contract (affiliate companies).
- Advertising and behavioral cookies: they collect information about the user’s preferences and personal choices (retargeting).
- Technical and functional cookies: these are strictly necessary for the use of the website and for the provision of the contracted service.
Cookies that are used on this website
- PHPSESSID: technical and strictly necessary cookie that contains the identifier of the session. It is removed by closing the browser.
- _lang: technical and strictly necessary cookie that contains the language of the session. It is removed by closing the browser.
- ac_cookies: technical and strictly necessary cookie that contains the value of whether the installation of cookies has been accepted. It expires in 1 year from the last update.
- _ga: Google Analytics cookie that enables the unique visits control function. The first time a user enters the website through a browser, this cookie will be installed. When this user re-enters the web with the same browser, the cookie will consider that he is the same user. Only in the event that the user changes the browser will another user be considered. It expires 2 years from the last update.
- _gat: This cookie is associated with Google Analytics Universal. It is used to limit the speed of the request – the limitation of data collection on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.
- _utma: Google Analytics cookie that records the date of the first and last time the user visited the website. It expires 2 years from the last update.
- _utmb: Google Analytics cookie that records the time of arrival on the website. It expires 30 minutes after the last update.
- _utmc: Google Analytics cookie used for interoperability with the tracking code urchin.js. It is removed by closing the browser.
- _utmt: Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is used to process the type of request requested by the user. It expires at the end of the session.
- _utmv: Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is used to segment demographic data. It expires at the end of the session.
- _utmz: Google Analytics cookie that stores the traffic source or a campaign to explain how the user reached the website. It expires 6 months after the last update.
Revocation of consent to install cookies
You can follow the following instructions to revoke cookies.
➤ How to delete browser cookies
- Cookie settings for Google Chrome
- Cookie settings for Apple Safari
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Mozilla Firefox
More information about cookies
You can consult the regulation on cookies published by the Spanish Agency for Data Protection in its “Guide on the use of “cookies” and obtain more information about cookies on the Internet: http://www.aboutcookies.org/